Notizie
Caricando...

Ricky Michiels - intervista #esclusiva per Jimi Paradise! (english)

ricky+michiels+jimiparadise

Ricky Michiels è un giovanissimo fotografo di moda che, poco più che 20enne, ha già collaborato con importanti nomi della moda americana: noi l'abbiamo intervistato per sapere come ha fatto!


ricky+michiels


Q. Let's speak about your art: why did you start photographing and what do you like to photograph to?

A. I started photographing in a basic photography class I took my junior year of college, it was an option for distrubition art credit I had to take to graduate. From the moment I started my first project I became hooked on the way photography allowed me to interact with people and see them in new ways.

A photograph is such a powerful thing, 

it tells a story about someone or something and to be able to create and craft that story is something  I became quickly intrigued by.

Q. Your shots seems to celebrate beauty and perfection: what do you want to tell us?

A. Yes, I love capturing people’s beauty. With people’s beauty and perfections/imperfections comes a story and a certain emotion with that story. I try to capture that in a way that makes sense to me and hopefully to the people that look at my photographs.

Q. Who's your "perfect" model/body you have photograhped? What's your fav cover?

A. My perfect “model” would be someone who has something to convey in terms of their look/features. I love a unique look that really can make me and others appreciate the beauty in which we otherwise might not have noticed.

Q. Do you travel a lot for your work? Where do you live? Do you like your country? Is ok for your work?

A. I travel most in to New York City and on location for my shoots. I live on Long Island so it isn’t that far away maybe a 25 minute train ride, very manageable. I do love my country and I look forward to hopefully traveling outside of the US for work someday soon!

Q. Nowadays what's the role and significance of photography? What's the point of shoting to the present day?

A. Photography in today’s day and age has a very specific role. You want to intrigued viewers and also tell a story at the same time. If someone’s flipping through a magazine I want them to notice my photography and take a deeper look into what it’s saying. Everyone’s so busy these days and it takes a lot to get their attention, and that attention only had seconds, maybe a few minutes before its diverted elsewhere.

Q. Do you work for fashion? What do you think about fashion?

A. Right now I am finishing up my degree at Hofstra University. I interned at fashion companies throughout my time in undergrad and I love it. Fashion is so fast-paced which really excites me, there’a always something new to do and see. There are constantly new ideas popping into my head as well as those I’m surrounded by.

Q. Let's speak about art in general: do you have fav artists? Do you have inspiring people in your mind while working?

A. Some of my favorite artists would have to be Mario Testino, I am very inspired by his work. He manages to bring a creative and sexy flare to everything he does. He has become a very big inspiration of mine.

Q. And what about technology: are we all photographer today?

A. Absolutely. And I neccessarily

do not think that it’s a bad thing

People all have iphones and cameras now a days and I think that it’s great. People have the opportunity to capture images around them that appeal specifially to them to share with others. It’s a great way to draw inspiration from others. Although it makes the business more competitive it just keeps us photographers on our toes constantly thinking of new, innovative ideas to capture people’s attention.


ricky+michiels


La copertina di Velvet:


ricky+michiels

ricky+michiels+jimiparadisericky+michielsricky+michiels+jimiparadise

ricky+michiels

rickymichiels.com
Tw: @RawrLikeRicky - Ig: @RickyMichiels
Condividi su Google +

About Jimi Paradise

Jimi Paradise vuol dire gossip, celebrità, modelli, bonazzi e tanto, tanto altro...